Date(s) - 03/11/2020
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Kitts Creek Clubhouse
2019 BOOK LIST
All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood (Kim)
- A deeply hypnotic tale about love found in the most unlikely place – a backwoods meth
lab in the rural Midwest.
Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson (Betsy)
- An unforgettable account of an idealistic, gifted young lawyer’s coming of age, a moving
window into the lives of those he has defended, and an inspiring argument for
compassion in the pursuit of true justice.
The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom (Nancy)
- When a 7-year-old Irish orphan is transported to Virginia to work in the kitchen of a
wealthy plantation owner, she is absorbed into the life of the kitchen house and
becomes part of the family of black slaves whose fates are tied to the plantation.
Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit (Monique)
- Each chapter is a separate essay, from various years, that sums up one key aspect of the
world of women under patriarchy.
The Princess Bride by William Goldman (Kathy P)
- A modern fantasy classic is a simple, exceptional story about quests—for riches,
revenge, power, and, of course, true love—that’s thrilling and timeless.
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng (Jennifer)
- A novel about two families living in 1990s Shaker Heights who are brought together
through their children.
JULY – No book club
AUGUST – No book club
Alice Network by Kate Quinn (Suzanne)
- Two women—a female spy and an unconventional American socialite searching for her
cousin in 1947—are brought together in a mesmerizing story of courage and
The Storied Life of AJ Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin (Donna)
- The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry is a heartwarming book about a lonely man who finds true
love, happiness, and friendship
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton (Kathy S)
- Mystery of why a 4-year-old child is found abandoned on an Australian wharf in 1913.
One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus (Jenny)
- The story of May Dodd—a remarkable woman who, in 1875, travels through the
American West to marry the chief of the Cheyenne Nation.